Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Error Message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Everytime I use Bearshare (File Sharing program) I get this error message that pops up that displays "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist, and when I click OK, because you can't press the X button, window explorer boxes keep popping up constantly, and the only way I can remove them is to run task manager, and eliminate the explorer.exe process, and starting explorer.exe as a new task, and then it completely disappears. But It's really annoying, and hope someone can help me get rid of this because it freezes up my computer, and I really wish it would go away. It only pops up when I'm running Bearshare, and tried to uninstall it, then reinstall it, and it's still popping up. Any help or tips would be appreciated, thank you.

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
maybe a virus

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

maybe a virus

I don't think it is because I did a virus scan, and my computer is clean, also when I clicked OK it displayed this message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have permission to access the item." I have no idea what to do. I wish it would just go away.

Edited by computerdude1985, 14 June 2006 - 01:44 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Geeks To Go do not provide assistance with errors caused by the use of P2P programmes