Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Triage

• Please log in to reply

ProEd

ProEd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I am pleased to read so many positive comments from internet pilgrims, like me, who have benefited from the gratis efforts of the G2G staff, each and every one. But for these fine folks we all would otherwise pay big bucks for such support or search (forever?) on the net for help in an effort to haphazardly resolve our personal issues (and idiotic mistakes). Been there, done that. And then I found G2G thru a friend last year.

However, I have read a few curt and unappreciative comments on the G2G website that deserve no response (at least in my opinion). As an engineering troubleshooter, 24/7, I can promise you that I would not respond to some of the complaints I've read, paid for or not.

All who access the G2G website for help need to keep in mind several important facts.

1. You and I are provided FREE assistance. No charge folks.

2. Each and every G2G staff member has a personal life (beyond fixing our problems), just like you and me. Mate, kids, soccer coach, baseball coach, work, scuba diving, hacking, hiking, travelling, fishing, and on and on. We each need time for our own lives. Do not suppose that signing up for the G2G staff obviates ones personal life. I am willing to bet that most of us, me included, do not give any more personal time to this website than what each of us require to fulfill a personal need.

3. Understand the meaning of the word "Triage". If you do not, look it up. Don't be lazy, as some may have been by not following the G2G recommendations for Malware removal recommendations at "Start Here" prior to entering an HJT log (assuming you did). I have completed G2G's recommendations in the past and found my problems resolved, w/o tieing up a G2G Staff members time other than to review my log.

4. In any war, and the G2G staff are fighting one (yours & mine), there are only so many MD's on the front line. Each does what they can in the time available to save the majority of lives (in our case our computers, our link to the WWW). You will be treated as soon as possible based on your need and available resources, which are limited.

That's it folks. Give thanks for the help you receive and remain patient. You WILL receive help. Don't be a drama queen if you don't hear from G2G instantaneously.

It is not my intention to sound negative on this topic, but there is a limit. Sorry, only to the G2G folks, if I seem strong on this. I, for one and among many others, truly appreciate each and every one of you.

Most sincerely

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
thanks for your compliments...we appreciate all of them...and also thanks for that well written post

alot of us in our "fast food, i want it now and by golly i'll get it now" world sometimes forget that some things in life are indeed still a process (if not an art) and that not all coffee is instant, and that not all burgers can be had "your way".
for some of us our computers are our lives (some because it's how they do their work, and some because they've forgotten that there is a world outside of the door that doesn't require electricity and the internet), and this fact means that when your "world" isn't working that your life is no longer moving which causes us stress. sometimes we all need to take a step back and learn patience and that there is a life past the computer. some times a little malware may be a sign that you need to take the opportunity to smell the roses and get outside and do something.

j4m3s

j4m3s

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Nice post, very mature of you to come and say all that. I agree with you.

It's fantastic to know that if your having pc trouble you don't have to go through [bleep] trying to fix it. Rather you can come to this website ask for help and have some1 explain it to you in "Common english"

A great, free service and a credit to the internet. Ill be putting this website on my website links page shortly

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I'd like to echo dsenette's thanks. What you wrote really hits home for me. I spend a LOT of time here, and plan to continue doing so. Being a single mom of two very busy daughters, working full time, taking care of a home..there's only so much I can do. Every other Staff member is in the same boat..we have real lives that need our time and attention. We all passionately love doing what we do here, and spend as much time as possible helping everyone. It really would be nice if everyone could keep that in mind when waiting for help. :whistling: