Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pinnacle TV Tuner issue on Win XP SP2

• Please log in to reply

Raj280577

Raj280577

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I am having Windows XP on my Machine on one partition. I also have Pinnacle TV Tuner card, which is working fine.
The problem started when I installed Win XP with SP2 on a different partition. The same TV Tuner card is not working. In Device Manager there is a Yellow Icon besides it. I tried removing and again installing the card. The Pinnacle software gives an error - Hardware cannot be initialized.
I don't know why this is happening, when the same card with same drivers is working on Win XP but giving problems in Win XP with SP2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Whenever you remove the tv card you must re install the drivers for the card.They are located on the CD.

Raj280577

Raj280577

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, I know that and I did it a couple of times. Still the card works in one Win XP but not on the other Win XP SP2.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
you mean on the vista xp?

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I get the error message:' Hardware Initialization failed' during startup

Pinnacle support