Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comp. restart

• Please log in to reply

Lil'D

Lil'D

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
what up,
srry fo ma other question here on this forum... but seems everyone knows here everything about comps... not me:s...
and look it's very annoyin... when I do somethin or play some games... it restart itself... so I turned off that thing at My computer->properties->advanced->start up and recovery->automaticly restart off

and when it happens... I get blue screen with a error... it says if it's my first time... to try just restart computer, if it won't work, unistal the new software or hardware or somehting like that...but everything is ok with softrware+hardware, what does this thing want from me?? [bleep] sometimes I wish I could just destroy this stupid computer :s, it's always problems with it... and I never know what to do...

so please help me with this... at least if you know this error thing...

/thanks, peace

EDIT - This PC is now free of any malware and may be suffering from a hardware problem.

Moderator - Please move this thread to the Hardware Forum.

Edited by Crustyoldbloke, 14 June 2006 - 12:20 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
What are your system specs (CPU, RAM, video card, etc.)?

This may be a mobo or possibly RAM failure. I'm not strong in the ways of blue screens but something on/connected to your mobo is not working.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If you're running XP then blue screen errors will normally be in the form of STOP errors. eg STOP 0X0000000 ERROR_TYPE etc
If this is what you are experiencing, then make a note of the first line of the error message when this happens. Let us know what it says & whether the stop errors are always the same or whether they change.

Without knowing which errors you are getting, I would hazard a guess at the problem being either :

1) over heating (check your cpu, system & GPU temperatures regularly to see if they are too high)
2) Faulty RAM or motherboard
3) Faulty or under powered PSU (unlikely but possible)

It could also be caused by any number of other things, but these are the most likely culprits.