Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

wireless internet but no email

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I have a Dell laptop (Win XP Pro), an Intel Pro Wireless 2200bg adapter with the latest drivers and Outlook Express.

My router is a DG834GT with the latest firmware, connected to BT Broadband. The channel is the same for both the router and the adapter and I have created rules on the router to permanently allow smtp (port 25) both in and out bound and have disabled both my firewall and anti virus to test if their settings were causing the issue.

The annoying thing is, a second PC (Win XP H) is connected to the router with a Netgear WG111v2 usb adapter and everything works fine - internet and email.

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.