Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monthly anylytic report--IP stuff.

• Please log in to reply

Arfinwulf

Arfinwulf

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I went to a web marketing seminar recently and one piece of advice given was to have one's own IP address blocked as counting as a hit when people from your company view the company website in order to avoid skuing the data on the monthly report. Fair enough--this makes sense.

My website host has just told me that such a thing is impossible, and we must manually "cross off" our IP when we see it on the report and go from there.

Considering that the presenters at the seminar I went to had certifications up the yingyang on the subject on e-marketing and website bulding/design, I think my web host and designer are full of crap--maybe. Anyone out there familiar with this subject and have advice? I don't want to push my website host/designer or find a new one without having done my homework on the subject.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Arf.

Advertisements