Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE error opening pages with javascript

• Please log in to reply

janeyred

janeyred

• Pip
  • 2 posts
A few days ago I noticed that some pages would open blank. I ran a couple of virus and spy ware scans and noticed that then some didn't open at all but said error on page and some still opened blank. Most pages and links open just fine until the link uses javascript to try to open the new window. I installed IE 7 beta 2 to see if this would fix the problem, but it have the same error. I then installed FireFox and it does not have the problem, but it does not have at least one function that I use a lot in IE so just using FireFox is not going to be the option I want. I went to Java Sun and intalled Java Engine in case that was why I was having the error but that did not change anything. I made sure every thing that said java was checking under Internet Options Advanced and uncheck the disable scripting error in case I could get more info from that error but the only error I get is a message on the status bar that says error on page. I have turned off my popup blockers and any other blocker in IE and in my security software (ZoneAlarm Security Suite) and in by Google bar, but this did not change anything.

Any ideas what I should try next?

One worrying thing I have noticed when I shut down sometimes are two programs that sometimes don't shut down that I don't know what are. One says Hidden Layered Window and the other says MCI window manager. I don't know if these would be a contributing problem or not.

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
maybe you should have a look at this post Java and see if you can get any information from that. If not please do not post in there as this will confuse matters. If you can not get any help from here then return to here and continue here.

janeyred

janeyred

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you. I did not quite understand what you wanted me to do, but I discovered that I was having much more computer problems than just the IE problem. I had problems with Sql and my user accounts (which seemed to be have been completely gone) and a lot more things kept cropping up. I decided to to a system restore to almost 2 weeks ago (before my problems started) and after getting my settings back in the right places everything seems to be working normally again.