Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD2 - "Waiting for Response from Master Server"

• Please log in to reply

killerken

killerken

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It looks like I came to the right place.

I'm in no way a computer guy but I can stubble my way through most of my computer issues. I'm trying to help my friend's son get COD2 up and running on his system. I don't know much about the system except that it is a low end Dell with Window XP, Norton Firewall and 512RAM, that we had to upgrade the video card on to solve an aplha blending error. COD2 now loads but when he tries to join a game, no servers names appear and when he refreshes the list COD2 just blicks "Waiting for Response from Master Server". It appears to me that COD2 can't connect to the internet but all the setting that I can find in both Windows and Norton seem to allow COD2 access. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Ken

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure you have installed the 1.01patch, the 1.02 patch, and the 1.3 patch in that order.

downloads needs to be turned on, and punkbuster needs to be set to enabled.

in the master browser server make sure the it is set to look at the internet for games and not lan.

first time you join a server it may take up to a full min for you to connect (you will see a timer running). this is normal.

yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend

• Pip
  • 1 posts
if a person have kill u and have the name of yourbestfriend is me... since one day cod2 work good and one day but today i have a big problem and i want to know for can can play at my game again (and kill you again )lol .... my problem is i dont have a fuking server on my list and i can read :waiting for response from the master server .... and i stay two hour and nothig i change control and try something this not sucessful cant you help me if you can read my message wit my poor englis

Edited by yourbestfriend, 16 February 2008 - 09:19 PM.

JDOGGA

JDOGGA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) I know exactly what it is. I installed a few firewalls lately after I had a bad virus and then it wouldn't let me play cod2! it came up with the same message as you did. I turned off all my firewalls and it worked! :)

avoler

avoler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem but it still does not work with firewalls turned off