Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 7 Beta not working on Vista Beta2

• Please log in to reply

Raj280577

Raj280577

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I got my Vista Beta2 and Office 7 Beta during Microsoft Tech.Ed. I installed Vista and it's working fine (without Aero). I tried to install Office, but due to a power problem the Computer got powered off in the middle.
When I again tried to install Office, it gave me a message "Previous installation is suspended, you must undo the changes". I clicked Yes, and it completed the setup. After that I again ran the setup and choose Add/Remove features (I got only 3 options in setup - Add/Remove, Repair & Remove). This time the setup completed successfully.
When I tried to open Word/Excel/...., Vista gave me a message "Word is not working properly, wait while Vista searches a solution for it." but still the Office didn't work.
I again ran the setup with Repair option. Still the same error.
Can anybody help me. Do you think I should completely Uninstall Office and freshly install it, to make it work.

My Comp. Specs:
PIV 2.8
512 MB RAM
Intel 865 GBF MBoard
Onboard sound/Graphics
160 GB HDD

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Do you think I should completely Uninstall Office and freshly install it, to make it work.

I assume you mean Office 2007 (12)? Yes, the easiest solution may be to uninstall, reboot, reinstall. :whistling:

treyh

treyh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a different problem, same concept, but when I try to run office 2007 beta 2 (5308), it says, "microsoft office 2007 beta 2 word is not running properly". I am going to school and need to use it. Do they not think people would want to beta test both at the same time? Someone please help?