Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I am looking for a program that will link two keys together

• Please log in to reply

Textus Dominus

Textus Dominus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay I play a game called MapleStory and for one of the skill, I need to press two keys at the exact same time. However it will be great if there is a program that will map a key on the keyboard such that when it is pressed, instead of one key being pressed, its 2 keys being pressed at the same time. Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me out with this. ^_^

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
what your looking for is called key binding. chances are the that the game won't support it. however you might be able to create your own key bind with a little programing know how. Best advice is to google around for it.

Textus Dominus

Textus Dominus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
After doing some googling. Most of the links found were those key binding in the sense that one key does two function in the game. However what I am looking for wholes a similar result but a with a less complex outlook.

Basically lets say I want to keep doing jump attack. I will have to press both jump and attack together. For example jump is the space bar and attack is "A" these two keys are located in an awkward position and will make the hands numb if we keep pressing them together at the same time. However with a program that can allow me to bind the space bar and A key together, that wouldn't be the case. As I will be able to press A and the program will transmit A and the space bar being pressed.

Maybe some macro will do the trick or something like that. I am not really good at visual basics and I am sure there is some program out there or some way to do it, as it dosen't sound all too complex. Thanks once again. ^_^

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The difficulty is a major factor in the popularity of custim keyboards and mice with there own software for doing it easily, ive got a zboard and razer mouse which have key binding and macros which i do use, if it becomes something you think you really need and not enough games support it then investing in gaming oriented hardware might be a consideration, although a god keyboard and mouse is a nice investment anyway.

If its akward for keys remap the keyboard to make it easier all games usually support key remapping or alternative maps.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Some MMORPGs use .exe detection to see what programs you are running. You may get banned for key binding or macros so may sure to read the games TOS.

I know people who got banned from WoW for binding.