Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Age of Mythology (1)

• Please log in to reply

Rik111

Rik111

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
heya! i'm running on a linksys wireless g router with 3 other people. (192.168.1.blah) and i wanted to start a aom direct IP game. i'd have the person im trying to play with start it... but he's got the same thing :whistling: how do i find the correct IP to tell him so he can connect to my game? thanks in advance!
Rik

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
neither a comment nor suggestion about this site - moving to networking

Rik111

Rik111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
heh sorry i thought i was posting this in the game spot :whistling: i had a couple windows opened at the time must have confused myself :blink:
sorry again xD
Rik

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi Rik111,

I'm assuming that you're trying to play a game with someone outside of your network.. Correct? If this is the case, then you need to give them your External IP, which you can find by going to this website -- http://www.whatismyip.org/ -- As long as your router is forwarding all the right ports to your Internal IP (192.168.1.blah), it should work.