Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Motherboard?

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hello again,

Basically I've been facing a issue with BF2 where when there are a lot of players in a server. My frame lates go down to even 40 at a 1024x768 resolution. Same thing happens with LOW settings. Huh? Lowest possible settings, and same issue? What's up with that? This mostly happens when there are over 10 players, and some tanks, fire fights, etc infront of me. Not only online, but in single player too. I also get some BSODs (0x7F or something similar to that). I turned my overclock off, and it got rid of the BSOD.

Today I finished formating, and installing a brand new XP Home SP2 on my new 200GB SATA HD. I've tried almost every driver for my graphics card. I've also even RMAd my X1800XT (because I thought it was the graphics card), and got me a X1900XT - even though my X1800XT wasn't bad. I also ran MemTest86 on each module of RAM I have. I ran tests from 0-9, with 30 passes on each test without any errors. Ok, so it's not my RAM, nor my graphics card, not even my sound card (which I uninstalled, removed and tested without). I've come down to my motherboard, could it possibly be my motherboard? I'm going to a computer store and getting a new motherboard to test if I still get this issue. But for now, can anyone suggest what can be wrong?

PS. I've cleared CMOS plenty of times, and also updated my BIOS to 1014.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT: Alright, well after a couple of hours of idleing I started up FireFox, and received a STOP 0x0000007F BSOD. I got this too while installing windows, but I removed the overclock and it fixed it. My overclock is off, but I received this error. Microsoft's site says I may have a bad motherboard, which is probably right. My RAM, as stated, are fine.

Edited by FalloutYear, 16 June 2006 - 05:26 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Not sure why when you change the settings it stays the same but I wouldn't be complaining about 40FPS. I only dream of 40 FPS in most online games and it's not that bad.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Not sure why when you change the settings it stays the same but I wouldn't be complaining about 40FPS. I only dream of 40 FPS in most online games and it's not that bad.

40 FPS is no where near my likings. I should'nt be even going below 70 FPS with such a low resoultion and lowest settings.

Edited by FalloutYear, 15 June 2006 - 08:36 PM.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I got the same motherboard as you and I have no problems in BF2 whatsoever.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What is it like with the settings turned up new cards lose alot of performance at 1024 the lowest res they should be on is 1280 try it on that.

I wouldnt put it past the mobo its an Asus. What are your temps like have you got cool and quiet enabled.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

What is it like with the settings turned up new cards lose alot of performance at 1024 the lowest res they should be on is 1280 try it on that.

I wouldnt put it past the mobo its an Asus. What are your temps like have you got cool and quiet enabled.

I've done that too :whistling: .

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Updated first post with the BSOD error.