Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

back from school and now my browser wont load pages

• Please log in to reply

Asia

Asia

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey guys, ive been away at school and have been using internet through the dorms. now that im back for the summer im back to my old internet which unfortunatly is dial up . my problem is when i connect my browser doesnt seem to load any pages. my instant messanger works but nothing else. ive checked my windows firewall but it is being controlled by something called group policy. im assuming that was put on my the comp tech at school but im not sure. please help me!

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
it sounds as if your Network admins have set something on you to force you to go through there servers so they can moniter your online activity. Unfortunely we are not at liberty to help in disabling such securtity measures. i suggest you contact your school and ask them for help. i whould ussaly help you with the firewall settings, but becuae you Instant messenger it appears that your computer is not having trouble getting to the interent.