Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start/My Music/My Pictures Default Setting?

• Please log in to reply

Minx

Minx

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi Guys

Im running XP. and used to click on the Start button then, select the My Music/My Pictures folders via that and it would act as a shortcut. Now when I do that it takes me to the search option highlights the folder ie. My Music/My Pictures and prompts me to search for the files within.

Doe anyone know how I can go back to the default setting when you click on either of these?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Minx :tazz:

Advertisements

Minx

Minx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Btw have been in to Control Panel/Folder Options and selected default settings, that hasnt worked :mad:

Anyone?

TheDaan

TheDaan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Go to the start menu and then right click the "my documents" icon and select properties. See if there is anything weird in there and post it here if you can.
For you documents folder the target box should say just the location of your folder.
I'm not sure if that is the problem though, but its worth a shot i guess.