Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AIM Virus

• Please log in to reply

Hamburgers

Hamburgers

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Help!

I accidently clicked one of those stupid AIM links that gives you a virus. I couldn't delete the virus. So I restarted my computer and now I can't even log into my computer.

It brings me to the Windows XP welcome screen, I try to log in, but it automatically logs off.

I've tried putting my hard drive into another computer and scan for a virus, but that didn't work. I've also tried putting a bootable antivirus into my computer, but that didn't detect any viruses.

Help!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Hamburgers!

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

Fenor

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Sue AIM for giving those links and get rich! I'm not joking! They are liable for their ads.

It's their responsibility to maintain clean use of their programs and services and with a virus under those links, it's NOT clean or safe.

Sue their asses!
If you do and you win the lawsuit, be respectfull and give me a small donation :whistling:.

Hamburgers

Hamburgers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi Hamburgers!

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

Fenor

Umm..... I would do that... but there is one problem...

My computer won't log in!! It turns on and goes to the welcome screen. I click Log In... and then it automatically logs out.

So I can't access any of my files or programs on my computer. I am using a different computer right now.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Then post a new topic in the malware forum stating your problem and they will try to help you through it.

Fenor