Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LOCKED OUT STILL CAN'T USE MY COMPUTER

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
:whistling: I have being trying to get round windows xp as i could not register as my id didn't match so i want to get back to using my own computer so i need help in formatting the harddrive but i can only do this in safe mode so i can start afresh and reinstall windows xp from scratch any help would be great thank you

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi cheyenne 09!

You might find THIS GUIDE useful for showing you how to perform a fresh install of Windows XP.

Fenor

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Hi cheyenne 09!

You might find THIS GUIDE useful for showing you how to perform a fresh install of Windows XP.

Fenor

I signed off and tried your idea but all i got was more errors is there any other way round this or should i just give up or would buying a new harddrive to solve my problems and allow me to reinstall my original windows xp home thanks alot for your help

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What do you mean by more error? What were you doing at the time you got the error? What point in the guide were you in when you got the error??? Need to be more specific.

Fenor

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
To avoid the confusion being caused by 5 topics being replied to, I'm closing this topic. Please add your suggestions to the topic at the link below.

http://www.geekstogo...s...=119827&hl=