Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes

• Please log in to reply

GeekNeeder

GeekNeeder

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,

I have an irritating problem with iTunes on Windows XP. No matter how I try to open it, even from an mp3 file for example, absolutely nothing would happen. It only asks me if I agree with the policy and when I click on agree, the popup policy hides and then iTunes does not come up. There is iTunes.exe in the processes window with memory usage of about 20MB.

I initially installed iTunes (+Quicktime, which works fine) from the CD that came with the iPod nano I recently bought. After it successfully installed it tried to open but nothing happened as said. I was also asked by my firewall (Sygate Personal Firewall v. 5.6) for permission and I granted it. I also disabled the firewall and still nothing happened, even when I reinstalled it about 10 times (I gave all my patience to this...)!

The FAQ at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ did not really help after I tried all the relevant solutions to this issue. I've had iTunes in the past and it worked just fine, but never really used it and I uninstalled it. Now that I got an iPod, and it is essential for it to have iTunes, the application does not even show up!

This is really my last resort! I spend more hours trying to resolve this than I have on any other problem. I hope someone can help.

Thank you in advance,

GeekNeeder

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you removed itunes and quicktime through add/remove programs. Then downloaded the latest version from apple?

GeekNeeder

GeekNeeder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes, I have removed it through add/remove programs and I downloaded and installed the latest updated iTunes (several times...) from apple that still had the same problem.

Just as an aside, I had iTunes before. Could it be the version that's bothering? Is there a way to get older versions of iTunes?

Thank you for your assistance!

GeekNeeder

GeekNeeder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
It worked to its full potential just once, but after it did not respond and I terminated it, it never opened again :whistling:

I could upload music and photos, but only just that time...

I don't know why it worked and I didn't do anything different from the other times I tried, as far as I know.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
its possible. but planetmirror is a great resource for older applications.

http://public.www.pl...b/apple/iTunes/