Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CMS/PHP

• Please log in to reply

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Could you guys please explain in your own words what a CMS is, what i can use it for, how it works? Also, please take a look at http://nwa.xzon.net. when you click on the different links, the address changes like index.php?p=glitches. whats the deal with that? how can i do that? is there an actual file on the server named index.php?p=glitches? what does the p=glitches represent etc...

Thanks

Edited by TaNkZ101, 16 June 2006 - 09:59 AM.

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Right, a cms is a content managment system. It basically controlles your whole site when you login at www.yoursite.com/administrator etc...

Have a look at the joomla and mambo cms.

Also with the index.php?p=glitches, thats easy to explain.

I have that on my website to Allsortshop.com. (In the games section).

Like, in mysql i have a table called games and a row in that table called game. On my php page, play.php it contains lots of php code.

Then when i put data into the mysql database, if i put in the game cell, 1 or 2 then to view that game you would go to play.php?game=1 etc.

Its very easy! :whistling:

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
cool that is simple lol thx