Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply

Molo

Molo

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
My Windows Installer is screwed up again, it states that it can't install in safe mode or something is corrupted in Windows Installer and that I need to get in touch with Microsoft. I contacted Microsoft last week and it seemed to be fixed, but now it's screwed up again. I cked the start/run/msconfig/system and it did not have the Windows Installer ticked and it said it was stopped. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Yet another Windows Installer problem. When is MS ever gonna get this fixed? :whistling:

Alright, try this out:

Download Dial-a-fix from http://fileforum.bet...ll/1131569373/2

When you download it, double-click on it to extract all of its files. Then open the folder it creates. Double-click on the file called Dial-a-fix.

Look at the middle-left section called MSI. Click on the box called Fix Windows Installer and make sure all of its sub-boxes are checked too.

Now, at the bottom-left corner, click on GO.

Restart your computer.

Let me know how it goes.

Molo

Molo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Yeah, it works. And this time it didn't take me half the day to fix the darn problem. Hopefully, one of these days MS will get their act together and fix things before they send them out.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
I'm glad I could help :blink:

Dial-a-fix is a very nifty tool that can fix quite a few problems rather quickly. Unfortunately it doesn't always fix the Windows Installer problem. I'm happy it worked for you. :whistling:

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
1. On the "Start" menu, click "Run":

2. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER

3. Open "Run" again

4. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER

(Don't type the quotes)

***EDIT***
Sorry, I didn't notice it was already fixed ^^

Edited by IO-error, 17 June 2006 - 12:52 AM.

JJR

JJR

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried the dial a fix program it hung up when I tried the msiexec/unreg command no problem but the regserver came up with and error"an event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers"Any help would be appreciated!Thanks

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Notice this at the top of our website?

"To avoid confusion, please do not post your question in someone else's topic. Start your own. Stay with your original topic when posting a follow up. Need help starting a new topic? Click Here."