Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to make a bootable CD for XP?

• Please log in to reply

Mr_Dove

Mr_Dove

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a drive problem that I might be able to fix if I can get a dos prompt from the offending drive. I've looked around the net but all the results that I come up with are for making bootable floppies. I don't own a floppy drive or any floppy discs.

I used my windows XP disk to boot up but it doesn't seemt o have a way to get a dos prompt.

I need a bootable disc that will allow me access to a file called gb_prog.exe that I will have to add to the disk. That file *might* allow me to fix the Norton GoBack related drive problem that I'm having.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
...you could use the recovery console from the xp disk (choose the R option for recovery console)...that will give you access to the primary drive (if that's where the gb_prog is)...or you can go to www.bootdisk.com and follow the instructions for making an xp boot cd to which you can add the gb_prog