Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MSN IM Voice messages

• Please log in to reply

hejimony

hejimony

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm hoping someone has experience using MSN instant messenging and can help me understant why it might cause my computer to crash... While talking on MSN Voice, the blue screen of death appeared momentarily, then the computer immediately shut down and restarted by itself. After rebooting, it informs me about a serious error and asks me if I want to report the error. This happened three times one evening recently.. I ran several virus and malware programs (ad-aware, pc-cillin, ewido malware, etc) and no viruses were found.... Is there a problem with MSN IM voice? or something wrong with my computer? Thanks for any help

Advertisements

hejimony

hejimony

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, I havent' gotten any replies, but have discovered that the computer (a Vaio Sony laptop) shuts down not only while on MSN but at other times as well. Often only works for a few minutes before showing a blue screen (too breifly to read the text) and then shutting down and restarting. The laptop does have wireless connection. Is there some way to diagnose this or fix it?