Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Language Pack for XP

• Please log in to reply

BlutoniumBoy

BlutoniumBoy

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey all. So I am having an issue with installing the Asian IME for XP. When I select a check box in the "Supplemental language support" section of Languages, I should get a prompt for the XP CD, if it's not already installed. In this case, obviously, it's not installed. I've checked and it's not listed. Is there maybe a policy or something that would prevent this prompt event from happening? I work in IT, however, this eludes me. I have an end-user that is traveling back to Hong Kong and would like the Asian IME installed. I am successful on doing this on other machines except this one. We image all our PCs and Laptops and I am going to assume it lies within the image. I have re-installed the image and still suffer the same issue. I do not have time to install the entire contents of the drive from scratch. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
neither a comment nor suggestion abot the site - moving you to xp

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
are you logged in to the machine as an administrator (THE administrator would be better) when trying to do this? logging in as the admin would ensure you that no policy settings are getting involved.. is it possible that the image that's being used could possibly have been taken from a machine who has already had the east asian languages installed? if so maybe it has the files on the machine already and doesn't need the disk....after trying the setup (and it not asking for the disk) are the east asian language files really installed?

BlutoniumBoy

BlutoniumBoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am logged in as admin. There are numerous languages installed, however, I have been up and down the entire list and found none related to the Asian IME.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
ok so... you go to
start > settings > contorl panel> regional and language > then the "languages tab"
you tick both boxes or just one? then press apply...doesn't ask for a cd..right?

There are numerous languages installed, however, I have been up and down the entire list and found none related to the Asian IME.

are you talking about the advanced tab here? are you wanting all of the guy's menu's and things of that nature to show up in asian? or just for him to be able to process asian scripts and files

BlutoniumBoy

BlutoniumBoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have done several combinations, and yes you are correct. Once I hit APPLY or OK, I should be prompted and I am not. Correct.

Exactly. I need her keyboard layout and GUI to be in Asian. It's not a life or death situation, just a commodity.

Edited by BlutoniumBoy, 16 June 2006 - 02:13 PM.