Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

nero demo wont uninstall

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That's current, how did the auto play fix do? You may need to reboot

Advertisements

allstarookie

allstarookie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
nope still nothing should i buy a cd lens cleaner for my burner

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go with this one first

http://www.softwarep...xp-autorun.html

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this

Check the anti virus is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

dirtnap419

dirtnap419

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a similar problem which is bugging the poo out of me. I was running a version of nero express, deicded to try the trial version of nero 7. I removed nero express, ran every clean ool they had from the site, and when i try to install the file STRAIGHT from Nero's website it won't install the demo. As it is extracting the .cab files in the begining, some are corrupt and it wont let me go any further. I checked the registry, found no traces of nero folders or Ahead folders. I dont know what could be casuing this demo to fail on the install every time. All i really want is to be able to burn flac and shn files, which i know 7 is capable of with plug ins.

Errors encountered while performing the operation
Look at the information window for more details

in the information window, a few of the cab files say

CRC failed in CAB\DC682368.cab

instead of

Extracting CAB\Dxxxxxxxx.cab

this is driving me up a wall, how can a demo not install?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you done any of post 18 starting from prefetch, run the Nero clean tool for the version you had (Nero 7 will not install with another version installed, make sure you have the product key for the existing version)and also for Nero 7 then run tune up

Save a new copy of the file to the drive and then install it

http://www.filehippo...nero_7_premium/

dirtnap419

dirtnap419

• Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the response keith. I did all the steps in the previos post, clearing the prefetch, disck clean up, defrag, both tune up utilities. i had a problem with the defrag (some [bleep] hit a power pole infront of my apartment and killed the power for a few hours, luckily it wasnt moving a bootable file at that time, as ive corrupted a hd like that in the past.)

Anyway, im sure the defrag was not the issue. When u say i need the serial from both the old and the new versions, it never asked me for the serial when i cleaned off the old one, and as far as i can tell its completely gone. When i tried again to install the demo, same thing happened. 2 different Cab files were corrupt, and it wont let me install.

A different but maybe related problem is my cmd promt wont open through the run menu. I can get to the registry by making a destop shotcut for regedit.exe, but cant get to that through Run either. I havent had any problems installing any other software in the past, as i have installed a new poker program, google earth, and that tune up program just fine in the past week.

I guess that i can veer away from nero, or maybe try reverting to 6, but the main reason i wanted 7 instead of express was its ability to burn lossless audio like Flac and SHN. I am also not too fond of reverting backwards. I know that it must be something wrong with my computer, as a demo straight from a manufacturer should work. Any other suggestions? thanks again.

Chris

dirtnap419

dirtnap419

• Pip
  • 4 posts
well, for shits and giggles i tried something different. i used winRAR to extract the cab files into a directory. Winrar found errors in 4 cab files, but the setup.exe still showed up. i ran it, and it seems to be working. something tells me that those 4 missing cab files are gonna mess something up, but worth a try lol. ill let you know if it installs or not.

dirtnap419

dirtnap419

• Pip
  • 4 posts
of course thit didnt work, even after pasting the errored cab files from the temp directory from a different install attempt (the cab files that mess up are different each time.)

I found on a differnt forum that iti could be antivirus related, i disabled norton, spy sweeper and peer guardian, redownloaded, and the same problem.

Is norton worth all this nonsense?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nero have a report tool which is usually run from within Nero, if you contact Nero to explain you have been a happy customer of theirs for years and need some of the features of Nero 7 but it won't install, they should send a copy of the report tool so you can run it, send them the report and they will tell you what the problem is