Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download issues

• Please log in to reply

ModiVG

ModiVG

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, I recently posted about having BSOD problems, I fixed it by doing a clean install of Windows XP Pro. I am having a new problem however as I try to get some of my old programs back. I tried downloading simple applications such as firefox and IE 7 beta and every time i get a pop up that the download hasn't been certified. I mean I am downloading a Microsoft application and its telling me its not certified, when I try to run the application no matter where I download it from it says the file is corrupt. I have tried this with 3-4 simple downloads all with the same result.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Go to your ADD "N" REMOVE programs look for this update and remove it

security kb912812

that should solve your problem

ModiVG

ModiVG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I looked for it and unfortunately it isn't even listed there. This is actually a serious problem for me as I can't even get windows updates or new anti-virus updates either. Thank you for the help though.

Edited by ModiVG, 16 June 2006 - 07:10 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What happens at Microsoft Update

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

ModiVG

ModiVG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Checks my latest software versions, then gives me the basic express/custom install options. I hit express and it says the website encountered a problem and cant' display the page

Edited by ModiVG, 16 June 2006 - 07:17 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it give you an 0x8 error

Try custom

ModiVG

ModiVG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I figured out what was wrong, it was the NVIDIA firewall which had been activated and I didn't know it, thanks for all the help though I appreciate it!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know