Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X1600 PRO 256MB vs X1600 PRO 512MB

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello,

I really need help on choosing between the 256MB and the 512MB versions of the X1600 PRO AGP graphics card.

What would be better for games such as World Of Warcraft, black and white 1/2, battle for middle earth 1/2 and low spec games like that...

Those are really the only games I play, so I cant call myself a "hardcore" gamer :blink:

Help is much appreciated :whistling:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
More memory is allways better but i dont think there is a 512mb version of that card with ddr3 memory(might be just havent seen it), you want ddr3 more than more memory but more memory is better.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
So I should go for the 512MB version of the X1600 PRO?

:whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If they are both DDR2 yes. if one is ddr3 get that one whichever it is, try and get ddr3 anyway.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
There are DDR 2 versions and 1 DDR 3 version but I can find it - PLus it will cost a rocket :help:

Im just gona go with the X1600 PRO 512MB version.

Cheers for all your help :whistling:

What would you give the GeForce MX 4000 out of 10 (Just want to know cos my friend has one)

Cheers :blink: