Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Join the Geeks To Go team in other ways

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts

Jake,

God bless your gram, I wish her well, also give her the best wishes from the GtG team and explain our own little way of fighting this dreaded disease.

Well said Rick

Advertisements

dispn0ygonekrazy

dispn0ygonekrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
wow i got 629 points in 21 hours lol this is cool i usually leave my PC on like 24/7 so will that help the points?

and Jake best wished to your grandma my grandma has a disease to, Alzheimers =[ it sucks not knowing who i am, and who she is, I never got to know how a great person she was and im sure your grandma is great too MUCH SYMPATHY for both =]

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

wow i got 629 points in 21 hours lol this is cool i usually leave my PC on like 24/7 so will that help the points?

Yea Mike if you leave your computer on all the time you will get more points quicker, I have 2 machines I leave on all the time running the UD agent and another 2 part time.

Rick

dispn0ygonekrazy

dispn0ygonekrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
haha wow rick im sure you have a helllll of alot of points XD BTW what is the points for? i never really knew

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Points just help us as a team gain a higher ranking giving us more acknowledgement amoungst other teams, it also may help us obtain rewards (very rarely) but just shows others that we are devoted :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
In case anyone was wondering United Devices has had hardware problems the last couple days but are suppose to be back in service now, they are however expecting a backlog of results being sent in so you you will still experience problems sending results and getting new work units.

Don't know for how long but I guess by tomarrow everthing will be back to normal.

Don't let this deter you.

Rick

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hello Staff and fellow Geeks. As it started with the mention of some ways to help without being computer oriented, there is another download possibility to help with research. Unfolding proteins to help Stanford medical center. "Folding At Home" project as it is know, also runs in the background. (Oh, and before I forget, if you run the program, do not worry if your CPU usage skyrockets from it, as it is falsely reported.) The program can be downloaded from Google, who I love and seems to be taking over the Internet - especially with Gmail -- PM me if you want it. Well, Google Compute, as it is called, can be downloaded into the IE toolbar. Don't worry. I run Fx too, but it will still run even if you have been deemed an MS traitor as well. Just go here to get it and get more information:

http://toolbar.googl...dc/offerdc.html

Peace,
Jared

seanshaffer23

seanshaffer23

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I just want to say I think it's great what GTG is doing. I just downloaded the prgram and I'm going to let it run forever! Every contribution counts, right?

BairbreJ

BairbreJ

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

I just signed up for the genome (I know that isn't what it is but that's as close as I can get at the moment) grid project and I couldn't find Geeks to Go on the drop down list. Other Geeks but not GTG specifically. This is a project near and dear to my heart and health since mysterious genetic disorders run in my family and I have unfortunately been disabled by them. Seems GTG is going to become my newest best friend since my PC is my bestest friend and since I have very little disposable income, I'd love to kill (or at least wound :tazz: ) two birds with one stone. Could you check into this and let me know how to proceed?

Barbara

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi Barbara ,

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I didn't get a email notification that you posted here.

I will look into it and get back to you asap but there is a problem with grid.org at this time July 20th and I can't access the GTG team stats right now.

Please bare with me untill I can gain access.

Glad to here you are joining our team and if you have any questions please ask or PM me.

Rick

Advertisements

BairbreJ

BairbreJ

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi Rick,

I don't think there is any hurry since these blasted trojans I am doing battle with seem to object to my "charitable" intentions and removed the grid program from my PC within 36 hours after I installed it. At least that's what I assume happened.

Panda finally detected something on the 18th (I forget what it was. It started with a Q and the alert had just been released on the 17th). Panda deleted one file. After that. my poor PC had a nervous breakdown. :tazz: Trojan Hunter found a bunch of changes to my registry and that info was totally useless to geek impaired me except I could tell that there were a bunch of drivers involved and it probably wasn't going to be good. It wasn't.

So we start all over again. At least I had some good info from this site to work with before I did the reinstall. I am so grateful for this. Geeks who also speak English! How exciting! ;) Thank you.

B

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm going to do some research on the program and see if my company would be willing to run this on a few of our servers...dual proccessors and what not...plus our t1.5 couldn't hurt for the connection..

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
dsenette, what ever you can do to help out would be much appreciated.

BairbreJ, grid.org is still experianceing problems so I'll keep ypo posted.

Rick

BairbreJ

BairbreJ

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks much, Rick.

B

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Barbra,

Please go Here, you will get a prompt to enter your grid.org member name and password. After entering both you will access the Geeks to Go stats page then just click on the button "join this team"

Let me know how you make out.

Rick