Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Wirelessly logon to Cisco VPN

• Please log in to reply

jhoovis

jhoovis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been using my Cisco VPN connection wirelessly with no problems on my Linksys router for sometime now but just last week it suddenly stopped working.

I bought a new Netgear router today suspecting that my linksys was getting a little old but I still have the same issue with the Netgear router. I can hardwire directly to either router and the VPN connection works fine.

I am using a relatively new Dell Latitude d620 Windows 2000 laptop (sp4), the Cisco VPN software is version 4.8, I use a Comcast Cable modem, my wireless card is a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card with the latest drivers installed. The new Netgear router is the WPN824 v2 Rangemax.

I don't have any trouble getting on to the internet until after I login to the VPN, once I login (it does let me login using UDP and it authenticates my password) I can't access my work network, my work intranet, my outlook mail or the internet but, strangely enough, I do maintain access to the Pokerstars Network.

I do get automatic windows updates and I installed the evaluation version of MSSQL 2005 a few days before the problem started to occur.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:whistling:

Edited by jhoovis, 19 June 2006 - 03:10 PM.

Advertisements

TuckerPDX

TuckerPDX

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same exact problem. I'm switching to Comcast HSI from Qwest DSL. I have no problems accessing the Internet wirelessly until I login to my company VPN (Cisco version 4.0.3). The VPN client authenticates, but I can't access the network. When I pull up the Statistics window for the Cisco client, it shows that most packets are either being discarded or bypassed.
If I connect to a hardwire port on my Linksys router (WRT54GS with Sveasoft Alchemy), it works fine. I also tried my Apple Airport Express connected directly to the cable modem, but had the same result.

I'd be very interested to see if anyone knows how to get this working.