Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Videos Boot Offline

• Please log in to reply

Twiztid

Twiztid

• Pip
  • 7 posts
well.. this is a weird one.. everyone ive asked (some even people who are wizzes at computers) have all been stumped...

I cant view videos or download somethings on IE or Firefox.. but i can on Opera....

i can download some stuff... like little files.. or program installs.. and even pics... but not videos..... i cant even view pages that have videos on them....

when i do.. the pc stops responding to the internet... so.. then i cant use messengers... or any browsers... or ANYTHING that uses the internet..... i have to restart..... its been like this for nearly a year.. and ive gotten to the point were i wanna throw the pc out the window.. because it happends sometimes 5-6 times a day.....

reformat does NOT work.. ive alreayd tried.... the pc has been reformated 3 times since its started doin this.... the pc was perfectly fine... no problems whatso ever.. untill this... and i fixed alot of little problems that have happened here and there.. and never ahd a problem again...

HELP ME!!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check IE is the default browser

Twiztid

Twiztid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Check IE is the default browser

ok.. im not a wizz at pc's... i know alot.. but... not a wiz... and i know thats not gonna do anything...... especially since the fact that its been doin this since before i ever even downloaded Firefox or Opera..... and how would that make a difference anyway??... especially in Firefox.....

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What happens when you try to view video files that you have saved on your computer by downloading them through Opera? Does the computer hang the same way or does the video play fine?

Fenor

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Let's gather some info about your computer.

Please download and open hijackthis If this is your first time running it, click on None of the above, just start the program

Now click Config, click Misc Tools
Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.

Twiztid

Twiztid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What happens when you try to view video files that you have saved on your computer by downloading them through Opera? Does the computer hang the same way or does the video play fine?

Fenor

nope.. nothin happens at all.. they play just fine.... ONLY when i try to view them threw IE and Firefox... and when i try to download them....

Twiztid

Twiztid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Let's gather some info about your computer.

Please download and open hijackthis If this is your first time running it, click on None of the above, just start the program

Now click Config, click Misc Tools
Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.

whats that gonna do??...its been doin this EVEN after SEVERAL reformats....so...it cant be anything to do with a virus, spyware, melware...

and FYI... ive already run hijackthis.... at first i thought it was something i (and also someone more knowledgable at pc's) could find threw hijackthis.. and nothin came up.....

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Can't resist ,biteing back at people who are just trying to help isn't going to get it fix eithere .!!
What can it hurt to post a hijacklog at least .thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Having IE set as the default does make a difference to a number of things and even if it is the only browser it does not follow that it is set as the default

Twiztid

Twiztid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Can't resist ,biteing back at people who are just trying to help isn't going to get it fix eithere .!!
What can it hurt to post a hijacklog at least .thanks

im not biting back... if i was biting back u would know it....

just stating that ive already done that stuff.....

but.. heres my hijack log anyway.....

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:53:02 AM, on 6/21/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GUARDDOG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GUARDDOG.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\MCAGENT.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1149988387\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX01.312\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee Privacy Service Helper Object - {cc4b2ee5-4803-11d7-8a38-00b0d0c6b814} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GDIEHELP.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Guardian] C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe /SU
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\MCAGENT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKDetct.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFTray] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1149988387\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPHSend] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McRegWiz] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McRegWiz.exe /autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AccuWeatherDesktopAlerts] C:\Program Files\AccuWeatherDesktopAlerts\AccuWeatherDesktopAlerts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe 1
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Privacy Bar - {cc4b2ee5-4803-11d7-8a38-00b0d0c6b814} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GDIEHELP.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1150092674562
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Privacy Service (GuardDogEXE) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GUARDDOG.EXE" /SERVICE (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Server (MskService) - Networks Associates Technology. Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - Smart Link - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
What's up with that Hijack log... A Format didn't even help so it's not the machine's fault.

But looking at that log, I think I found the answer.

Bittorrent.

ISP (Internet Service Providers) LOVE to kick people off of the internet if they download too much at once.
I got Internet from Chello and they are a bunch of morons!
When I'm downloading torrents from a lot of peers, I get kicked off the internet for about 5 minutes or untill I reset the modem.

Ask your ISP and they deny this.
Check your internet with packetsniffers and you see that your pc gets a package from your ISP that is encoded. And that's the last package you'll see, because that package kills your connection.

It's no [bleep]! I got live withnesses that report the same thing.
Blame and sue your ISP for this.
There is nothing you can do about this, it's written even in the End User License Agreement that they can shut you down whenever they want to.

Or it could also be that your NIC is not functioning properly :whistling:

Twiztid

Twiztid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What's up with that Hijack log... A Format didn't even help so it's not the machine's fault.

Bittorrent.

ISP (Internet Service Providers) LOVE to kick people off of the internet if they download too much at once.
When I'm downloading torrents from a lot of peers, I get kicked off the internet for about 5 minutes or untill I reset the modem.

Check your internet with packetsniffers and you see that your pc gets a package from your ISP that is encoded. And that's the last package you'll see, because that package kills your connection.

It's no [bleep]! I got live withnesses that report the same thing.
There is nothing you can do about this, it's written even in the End User License Agreement that they can shut you down whenever they want to.

its been doin it LOOOOOOOOONG before i ever downloaded bittorrent... i just started using bittorrent (only peer to peer torrent ive used... only other p2p's ive ever used are Kazaa, Limewire.. and such) about 3 months ago or so.... this problem has been happening long before that....

and also... if its my ISP.. then y isnt any other pc in the house gettin kicked off?? its only my pc.... we have 5 pc's including mine on a network.... if its the ISP.. it would boot the whole network.....

or is it something else that causes it to boot just my pc???

like ive said.. im not a total whizz at pc's.. but i do know alot...... so.. im kinda stumped on this.. and so is everyone else that ive talked to about this....

also.. if its the ISP.. then y has it been happening since before we had this isp??... and its ONLY.. and i seriously stress ONLY when i view a video in a browser on Firefox and IE... and also when i try to download and videos.. no matter waht size...... and also ocassionally software downloads or any kind of file... but only occasionally on anything other then videos... and NEVER Does it on pictues... but.. i can use Opera to download videos and ANYTHING i want.... and it NEVER boots me off...... but.. as im sure alot of u know.. opera is horrible for browsing.... theres alot of things it still doesnt support....

and y would it boot me offline on Firefox and IE... and not opera.. if its cuz im downloading to much at one time???.. no matter what browser i use.. its still the same amount bein downloaded....

Edited by Twiztid, 24 June 2006 - 05:53 AM.

Twiztid

Twiztid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Bittorrent.

Check your internet with packetsniffers and you see that your pc gets a package from your ISP that is encoded. And that's the last package you'll see, because that package kills your connection.It's no [bleep]! I got live withnesses that report the same thing.

its been doin it LOOOOOOOOONG before i ever downloaded bittorrent... i just started using bittorrent (only peer to peer torrent ive used... only other p2p's ive ever used are Kazaa, Limewire.. and such) about 3 months ago or so.... this problem has been happening long before that....

and also... if its my ISP.. then y isnt any other pc in the house gettin kicked off?? its only my pc.... we have 5 pc's including mine on a network.... if its the ISP.. it would boot the whole network.....

or is it something else that causes it to boot just my pc???

like ive said.. im not a total whizz at pc's.. but i do know alot...... so.. im kinda stumped on this.. and so is everyone else that ive talked to about this....

also.. if its the ISP.. then y has it been happening since before we had this isp??... and its ONLY.. and i seriously stress ONLY when i view a video in a browser on Firefox and IE... and also when i try to download and videos.. no matter waht size...... and also ocassionally software downloads or any kind of file... but only occasionally on anything other then videos... and NEVER Does it on pictues... but.. i can use Opera to download videos and ANYTHING i want.... and it NEVER boots me off...... but.. as im sure alot of u know.. opera is horrible for browsing.... theres alot of things it still doesnt support....

and y would it boot me offline on Firefox and IE... and not opera.. if its cuz im downloading to much at one time???.. no matter what browser i use.. its still the same amount bein downloaded....

Edited by Twiztid, 24 June 2006 - 05:52 AM.