Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

works suite 2002

• Please log in to reply

Croc

Croc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is my first time using any sort of spreadsheet so please forgive my ignorance.

Using windows xp
works suite 2002 spreadsheet

ok question about formulas

I am simply trying to add a column, sounds simple I know.

I have followed instructions but cant get it to add
I put numbers in the column, click on the cell under that column where I want the total to be click autosum which dutifully highlights ther correct cells to add, press enter on my keyboard but all I get is the formula not the actual calculation. What am I doing wrong.

Sorry this is so basic but it is driving me crazy.

Many thanks.

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi croc and welcome to Geeks to Go,

It sounds like you are performing the correct steps. What I would like you to do is to see if you are in 'Formula' view. Open the spreadsheet and look in the View menu and make sure that Formulas does not have a checkmark next to it. If it has, click on it to remove the checkmark. Let us know if this solves your problem. :whistling: