Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation Wizard not recognizing Micro San Disk

• Please log in to reply

polling

polling

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
My wife transfered some data on a 512 Mb San Disk but everytime we attempt to access the info we hear the sound for Installation wizard but we see no box Can someone help. By the way i'm a newbie.

Advertisements

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Hi there.
I don't think any instalation is needed for scandisk thumb drive. If you have a big fast machine and more than likely it is already for you to use.
Goto windows explore and check to see if you have any new extre drive there that will be it. I have never seen a newer machine running XP not take in a thumb drive except the drive is dead.
Good luck.

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
When you say Windows Explorer what headind do you mean I'm a nebie. Do you mean My Computer?

Also everytime i install the USB i hear a click but nothing comes up Thanks in advance

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
right click at START, select (click)EXPLORE. Check the left hand panel and the Thumb thing should be there same vertial lineup with C,D...

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Thanks I see what you were talking about, but when i click on F Drive i keep getting the message Please Insert a disc in the drive

Edited by polling, 17 June 2006 - 01:02 PM.

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Make sure that is the right drive for that thumb drive. If it is then try the drive on other machine see if it work. I did see scandisk die few time, one die on its own and the rest because of the owner try to format them. your case sound a bit farmiliar.