Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Device

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
http://img387.images...wndevice4pp.jpg

This has been the cause of my STOP 0x0000007F (0x0000000D) BSOD. Disabling this hasn't fixed it, and it's been there ever since I built this computer. How can I safely get rid of this?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you updated the ATI drivers, have you got .net framework installed

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Yes and yes. It's been like that from the start with my X1800XT, and now my X1900XT..

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Norton?

http://service1.syma...2048?Open&src=w

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I just installed this windows on a brand new SATA HD. I don't have norton.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type chkdsk /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter, reboot, it will take at least an hour to get to the desktop

Download, install and run HD Tune

http://www.hdtune.com/

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
FYI: I had this issue also with my 80GB IDE hard drive. So if you're assuming my SATA might be bad, it's likely not. Thanks for that link though!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The two main suggestions are hard drive or motherboard

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
It's most likely my motherboard. I wish I had the computer stores around me where I can test different parts - dumb unpopular Illinois!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you don't mind opening the case, unplug it from the mains as it's worth using a torch to check there are no expanded bits

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It sounds very like the motherboard, the particular board you have has alot of farily common problems. If the latest bios doesnt fix it, if its still in warranty i would RMA it.

PS your sig image is to big keep it under 16Kb.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
My motherboard is within warranty. Althought nothing on Asus's site tells me what to do to RMA. It says to se my retailer where I got it from (NewEgg). I click Return Item in NewEgg's member section and it says that the only person I can RMA to is the manufacturer. So I have no idea where to send for a RMA.

If you don't mind opening the case, unplug it from the mains as it's worth using a torch to check there are no expanded bits

Torch =|? What do you mean?

Edited by FalloutYear, 17 June 2006 - 05:18 PM.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
torch in UK probably means flashlight....In my world it is a propane fired soldering tool for plumbing.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Correct on the torch, though as it is under warranty ask the supplier on the phone so you get a direct answer about where to return it

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Ok, well it turns out that when I start up my PC after no use overnight, the BSOD comes up before CCC loads. It happen 3 times, and all 3 were Video driver related, and Unknown device (which is my graphics card) driver.