Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I Get Rid of SvcHost.DLL

• Please log in to reply

viv2951

viv2951

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i'm 24 and have an associate degree in computer technology

i also have my A+, MCDST and Network+

<after strutting across the room like a pimp, I turn around and exclaim>

BUT HOW THE [bleep] DO YOU GET RID OF THESE [bleep] VIRUSES!?

I can't figure it out. The last time I got an SVC virus, I just reformatted. I don't want to do that this time around. My concern first is to figure out which virus it is and also see if i got anymore

i really don't know tho n if nebody could help, i'd appreciate it a lot
idk why but i can't figure out certain basic problems like this by myself
i have a form of autism and i think its partially due to that
but its so so frustrating cuz yah kno i got the [bleep]ing degree
the certififactions
read the books n i mean i understand a computer overall
i can take out a harddrive, put in a CD-ROM, w/e, but [bleep]
I can't even deal with a simple virus.

neways

tNx n 1

V

ps - the attached jpg shows all my processes

Attached Thumbnails

• hreitis.JPG

Edited by viv2951, 17 June 2006 - 01:27 PM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geekstogo.

Before I start, let me just say this is a family friendly site. Writing in all caps is considered shouting. And profanity will not be tolerated.

In addition, if you take a look into the Malware forum, you will see that there are many infections that all far from "simple". If infections were simple, they would not be so effective.

Please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.