Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

imb thinkpad memory

• Please log in to reply

ajcool123

ajcool123

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hey guys,

I have an older model IBM Laptop T23 series with 2 DIMM slots for ram. Right now one slot has 256mb of ram and the other 128; 384mb total. I want to take out the 128 and put in a 512 stick but i'm not sure exactly what kind of memory I would need to get. Would it be 2700?

If anyone knows about this let me know! Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
According to the IBM website you have a pentuim 3 (866 to 1 gig processor) laptop that takes PC133 sodimm memory. The website says it can use up to 1 gig of memory in 2 512 sticks.

The system has 128MB or 256MB of memory standard and can be configured for up to 1GB of addressable memory. Memory options up to 512MB SDRAM SO DIMMs each can be added in the two available slots for memory expansion. Only 133MHz DIMM memory can be used in this system. The use of 100MHz DIMM memory is not supported in the T23 systems.

http://www-307.ibm.c...cid=MIGR-4YTG43

SRX660