Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vsutil.dll not found

• Please log in to reply

Treebird

Treebird

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can not use many programs that I once had. I can not see attachments and if they are word attachments ,I get this error message that " a dialog box is opened and needs to be closed ". I have learned a ton in the past few years about how to maintain my computer but in the meantime I know everything is screwed up.Ihave backed all my files and would just like to start over. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
vsutil.dll is a part of Zone Alarm, and it may have gotten corrupted. Re-install Zone Alarm, and see if that clears up the dialog box.

Also, you may want to check the rest of your disk. Go to Start > Run, type chkdsk /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

If that doesn't clear up all of your problems, we'll try a couple other things.