Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Player for Puter ?

• Please log in to reply

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hey ya'all :cheers:

I have AOL as my internet connection, and it provides me with RealPlayer.... :mad: YUCK, 'cause you have to be online to listen to a cd.

And my Windows media player wont play... dunno why, and there is this other sort of player that is auto'd into the system from the windows software, which plays the cd, but dont think that your going to be able to listen to anything...

****Wished my husband worked like that :tazz:

Tried the mute on the remote, but seems to be broken or something… ;)

But anywho, I'm look'n for a FREE :thumbsup: CD Player program that does not consists of having to be online for use...

THANKS !

:cheers:

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Hey, whats going on crafty ;)

try Winamp dont use it myself cause my media player works :tazz: but ive heard great reviews, let me know how it goes

Soxrok

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Thanks hun,

How have you been? Great to see you again... Cant wait actually for the new chat program to get up and running on here...

***waiting for Admin ;)***

But I will let you know how that works... I hope all is well with you.

Stay safe !

:tazz:

groove18

groove18

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
hi crafty (you little minx lol) :tazz:

in older versions of windows ...having real player AND windows media player causes a major confliction (they hated each other)....the only way i know of to safely run one or the other is to delete one or the other lol

as for having to go online to run rp.....i thought that was just registering the silly contraption lol

mike ;)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

How have you been? Great to see you again... Cant wait actually for the new chat program to get up and running on here...

***waiting for Admin ***

Thanks for the *nudge*. I'll look at it again later today. :tazz:

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
I agree with Mike- even on my machine with xp, i personally do not like real player so i have completely removed it from my machine and use media player- he is correct that they dont really like to get along- hope all those programs and advice work :tazz:

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hey ya'all, :)

I did download that winamp ? "I think thats the name" *scrolling to double check :) *

Yep, thats it... "what a name"

But anywho... When I downloaded that I thought **OH MY :tazz: GOSH**

It was so big and I was so small ;) I was TOTALLY lost :) when I took a gander at that thing.

So... what I did "by learning from here, and google search" on how to make RealPlayer my 1 and ONLY player...

All is well now ;)

I actually dont have much issues with RealPlayer now, figured out how to use it offline instead of it always wanting to sign on to the internet.

Thanks for weaving around the rules and getting customer care to help me with a program that I did not buy :)

But thanks to all of you and your input as well as opinions... I will forever be all ears on your thoughts.

Thanks a bunch guys...

:)

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
rip the music then play in a media player

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hiya Tom ;)

Ummmmmmmmm.... :tazz:

What is "Rip" The music ?

I have it saved on RealPlayer to where I dont have to run my cd all the time...

Is that what you ment?

;)