Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NOT EXECTUING!

• Please log in to reply

bort

bort

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok....my computer wont execture certain programs, it executes some but not all, wierd ones aswell, for example in control panel i can execute appearance and themes, but not add or remove programs, i cant run my spyware which is addaware. i was following the instructions in the topic http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=115716 here as it was similar to mine, so i did a system restor as it said, but i didnt go back enough and i still hav the problem, and now when i try to run programs i get an error which says:
this file does not have a programassociated with it for preforming this action.create an association in the folder options conrtol panel
...It never said this before i did the restore, before it just didnt execute
any help would b greatly apprecitated

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Download this file onto the problematic computer and double click on it. It should fix your problem of executing your programs.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bort...

First, let's get you back from worse to bad so we don't have to deal with the errors. Open System Restore and tick the button next to "Undo my last Restoration". Click "Next".

Once that is done, see if you have access to the "Run" command by clicking Start and then Run.

Let me know what you find.

wannabe1

bort

bort

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hehe no worries thnx for the help but i got system restore working and found a restore piont before the problem and so for it hasnt come bak so my comp is working fine thnx for ur suggestions though

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Thanks for letting us know... :whistling: