Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Snap-in Creation Failed

• Please log in to reply

Wayfr

Wayfr

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
This is tied into the repair job that was done to correct a non functioning Internet Explorer. Computerwiz12890 was walking me through it...we repaired WindowsXP...now when I went to open a program this message came up..."Snap-in Creation Failed"...the Snap-in is not created...it may not be installed properly. NAME :Disk Defragmenter... CLSID: {43668E21...}

Does anybody know what this means??? How do I correct this???

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is it XP Pro?

Wayfr

Wayfr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hello Keith, well the OS is XP pro. After computerwiz12890 and I reinstalled the OS yesterday, because IE was not functioning, the system seemed to be working fine.That was right up to the point where I tried to bring up another program. What did come up was that warning message..."Snap-in..." I've never seen that one before.Microsoft suggested that I add..."%SystemRoot%System32..."into the path under the Path Environment Variable. Frustrated after it didn't seem to work, I just went and uninstalled and then reinstalled my disk defragmenter. The warning sign has disappeared and the program works ,so case solved, I hope?? I haven't got any other "fallout" as yet. I appreciate your attention on the matter, Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That was all I saw for the error and it only applied to XP Pro

Thank You for letting me know

Hope it goes well