Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

d347bus.sys continuous reboot

• Please log in to reply

traenol

traenol

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Anyone have any idea of how to remove this file so the system will boot.

I cannot access windows to uninstall. I may be able to access the recovery console, but I haven't found the XP disc to test. I have access to another comp, cannot boot the HDD of course due to this driver error, but I can access the files, tried a couple of apps that boot using the registry, none of them seem able to read it, as if it doesn't exist(they read the other comp fine though).

I might have some minidump reports I can post when I am back at the comp, at the moment I am not logged in from home. Also, a good thing to note, I get the message that I can skip the loading of the file, but it doesn't boot regardless, just insta-reboots right after. sorry, couldn't disable the auto-reboot as this wasn't my machine to begin with, and got it with this problem.

Any suggestions on resolving this aside from re-installing windows. I have already tried renaming and removing the d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys files and it did not resolve the situation. I'll check back when I get home.

Thanks, Traenol

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can access the files, move the daemon tools files from programme files to my documents and reboot

traenol

traenol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
didn't think this would work, but tried it anyways, no change, still reboots when trying to load the d347bus.sys file ... im wondering if there is a way to patch the file, or make it completely useless to where it will load without any conflicts and allow the system to finish restarting.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
An outside chance is this:

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Start the System Restore Utility at a command prompt

1. Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt then press enter.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to see a description of the Safe Mode Boot Options in Windows XPthe article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 315222

traenol

traenol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
unless system restore is accessible via recovery console, I cant do it. im not even sure I can access the recovery console as of yet, as my XP CD is still MIA.

unless there is a way to manually restore the OS from outside the OS. like copying/moving files

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Safe mode with command prompt is different to safe mode as it kicks in earlier

Finding the disc would be good

You could look at putting your drive as a slave in another PC then explore the drive to take off the files you need

traenol

traenol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, as I have said, safe mode(any of the safe mode options, including command prompt) all fail at this driver. It is currently in this computer, im just trying to find a way to remove this thing and get it to work.

I find it strange that ERD commander can't load the registry from that computer.

Is there a way to manually access the registry without loading the OS or going through the pain of doing a fresh install.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This, though it isn't quick

http://support.micro....com/kb/307545/

From

http://support.micro....com/kb/322756/