Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser Sudden closedown

• Please log in to reply

mushak

mushak

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Many times while browsing the browser windows close down abruptly. I am using both IE and Firefox and happens with both. This happen when single browser window is open and also multiple windows open. There are no warning or error signals and no fixed period for this event. Also it was seen that this happens with any website open. Browser window/s just close down. My machine has E-scan installed, checked all its setting but found no such setting which may trigger such event. Please help. Thanking you in advance. - Mushak

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi There Mushak, Welcome To Geeks to Go! :whistling:
i see that you have posted in the malware forum, lets let a malware expert clear you of malware, so that we can rule that out. If it has been 3 days and there is still no response you can post in the waiting room.

Thanks

mushak

mushak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks. Will revert back after trying malware removal if any.

mushak

mushak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Mile Runner

I have gone thru the usual Malware removal procedure mentioned in Spyware/malware forum. I have noticed unusual entry in winsock in HiJackThis log "mwtsp.dll". I have removed this entry using LspFix. Don't know whether done right thing but my poblem seems solved for now and till now there are no Browser closedowns from last 2 days.

Thanks

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
if there is no problem then great! but PLEASE, PLEASE do not delete enteries that you have not been advised by a malware expert to do so. this can cause serious errors.

thanks