Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help removing AOL DSGDemo

• Please log in to reply

claire_brummell

claire_brummell

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey Everyone

Wondering if you can help!

Bought a new laptop a while back and it came with an automatically running demo for AOL asking ifyou want to subscribe. Now it has a "Don't run this again" checkbox, but it seems to ignore it - it's beginning to drive me nuts as I have no interest in AOL whatsoever and don't want to see this demo anymore!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Claire

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi Claire! :whistling: Welcome to Geeks to Go!!
Have you Tried Getting rid of it in Safe Mode? to enter safe mode type F8 consitanly, untill your computer brings up the start up menu options, using the arrow keys select safe mode, then use enter to enter your option. In this mode no other nonessential programs will be run allowing you to remove it.

claire_brummell

claire_brummell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey

Thanks for the advice - I agree that removing it in safe mode may be best, but the problem I have is I don't know exactly how to remove it - it's obviously built in some way and I'm not sure which elements I need to get rid of it... :whistling:

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
to be honest i am not a windows geek or a malware geek--i am a web geek, if it is not on the add/remove programs list, then please post a HJT log here, so i can try to see if i can see where it is....

thanks!

claire_brummell

claire_brummell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Great - will do - I'm at work at the mo, but I'll pop online and do it tonight :whistling: