Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Internet

• Please log in to reply

rayneman5

rayneman5

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hey guys, i am sure this question has been posted a million times and i am sorry to ask it once more. MY roomate and i are both using a dial up internet connection. I know that a dial up line is going to be slow to begin with but on my computer it is alot slower, sumtimes taking several minutes before a webpage will even load. This only started to happen recently. What could be my problem>? i have deleted any uneeded files ( still have 30Gb free) and have defragged my computer ( i dont even know if these things have anything to do with a quicker internet). what could i possibly do to bring my computer back to the normal dial up speed it origianlly was.
Secondly, for some reason, while i am online my computer will go to a blue errer screen and it says Dumping Physical Memory and then i have to reboot my computer... does anybody have any idea wut this means or how i can solve it? I would luv to have a "normal" speed dial up LOL man i feel like i live in the stone age again.

Todd

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
well let me just start out by saying that only the cool kids have dial up :whistling: (i have it too, no worrys, and so does kat one of the admins of this forum) It sounds like you may have a malware infection.....Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.