Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inverted colors.

• Please log in to reply

ahmunnaeetchu

ahmunnaeetchu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I own a Toshiba Satellite L25 S1192 and it is only about six months old. Last night I opened the laptop and discovered that the colors had been inverted. What should be black is white, etc. Everything is functioning completely normal except the inverted colors. I took a screen shot and sent it to someone who said that the color looked normal to them. I have no idea what the problem is.

I perform fairly routine spyware and virus scans and keep them up-to-date. I let my 12-year-old cousin borrow the computer earlier in the month and since then I had some slight spyware problems so yesterday I did another spyware and virus scan and it deleted a few infected files. I do not believe the computer was rebooted at all, so I'm not sure why all of a sudden the colors are backwards.

I tried searching online for a solution but I wasn't quite sure what to look for and the only thing I could find were people who had inverted displays as in whats left should be right, etc. Someone said that was a virus, so I figured my problem could be a virus and I did another scan with AVG and an alternate program that was reccomended.

Nothing was found and my colors are still inverted. I tried going through display settings but everything seemed normal although I might have missed something. I'm only a 17-year-old girl so when explaining, try not to confuse me. Although any help would be appreciated at this point.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you re-install the video adapter software?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have a look in Control Panel>Accessibility Options>Display and see if "High Contrast" is ticked. If it is, click settings to reset.

Johanna