Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Normal Motherboard temps

• Please log in to reply

tennis

tennis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an asus k8ne deluxe and the motherboard temp is at 51 idle, 55 heavy load... is that normal? my cpu temp is fine at 36 idle, 41 load

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sure those temperatures are the right way round? How can your main board be hotter than the CPU temperature? If your MB really was 51 degrees, your CPU temperature should be somewhere in the late 60s to early 70s.

Note that the motherboard temperature usually only goes up when the CPU is under load because of the heat being generated by it which isn't being dispersed by the case fans so the sensor gets told that the board temperature is going up. So unless you've got some other hot running device (such as a hard drive) inadvertedly next to the sensor on the board, there's no way your board can be hotter than your CPU.

tennis

tennis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
k. sounds right. Those are definetly the temps shown on my asus monitor. I built the computer almost exactly two years ago, and i've run it 24/7 ever since. I've never had issues with the motherboard temp (it would go to 42 MAX, if that). So, that's mainly the thing that worries me a bit; that this problem would arise for seemingly no reason after two years. Also, I haven't made any major hardware changes or additions lately, so I haven't even gone inside my case except to clean it. You just suggest I should assume the mobo temp is phony and ignore it?

Thanks for your help dude! Appreciate it!

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
the cpu temp is fine but the motherboard temp is questionable, the only way that the motherboard is hotter than the cpu is that the HSF is dissipating the heat well but the all the hot air is not escaping from the case, but i'd suggest that you add an exhaust fan.
or like neil said it could be ur hds, either get an exhaust or get hd fans, to keep the air moving from the hard drive and around the case and find its way out through the exhaust.

Edited by Tru Techie, 19 June 2006 - 12:18 PM.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Get out the canned air b/c their may be dust on the sensor or something...plus its a good practice

tennis

tennis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
exactly where is the sensor on an asus k8ne deluxe mobo?

thanx again everyone for your help

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

exactly where is the sensor on an asus k8ne deluxe mobo?

Just dust the entire motherboard with the canned air. I also suggest you dust the rest of the components & the case (especially fans grills etc) while you're at it.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
just a suggestion but try everest home edition and see what the temps show up as in that

you can find it here
http://www.softpedia...e-Edition.shtml

troppo