Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Submenu at Start does not appear

• Please log in to reply

Tanu

Tanu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have a weird problem in my computer. The startmenu in which there is recent documents, all programs are there but when my mouse on it the submenu does not appear. i have check the settings. i have checked the box that shows show submenu when i put the mouse on it. Still there is no submenu appearing . what could have gone wrong i dont understand.i still have access to the program but i either have to make a shortcut on desktop or go to program files in c. As recent documents are also not shown i have to each time go to the files to open again.what's wrong?

Another problem i dont have the volume control icon on right lower corner and when i try to set it by checking the box place volume icon in the taskbar it says volume control program has not been install use add remove program in control panel. How do i solve this problem.

thank you in advance for ur advice

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Tanu! Welcome to G2G!

For your volume icon, please download sndvol32.zip from HERE. Once you have it downloaded, locate the file and extract the sndvol32.exe file to your C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. Then try to add the volume icon to the system tray again.

Fenor

Tanu

Tanu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. my volume icon problem has solved but the first problem has not been solved yet. Anyone has any idea how to solve it ? It's really difficult you have to go through my computer to reach program file to open any program.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Do you have your XP CD handy?

If so, place it in your CD ROM drive and follow the instructions below:
  • Go to START-->RUN and type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and /scannow)
  • Once the blue bar goes away, reboot your computer.
SFC - System File Checker, retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

Fenor