Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Difference between all the Call Of Dutys

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Forget COD the first one as I have never played it but in the COD 2 section there are like COD 2 collectors edition (I am guessing all there is, is a bonus DVD) - Big Red One, then in COD 1 there is united offensive, deluxe edition, finest hour. What are the diffrences?
And I have a problem:

Call Of Duty 2 is not reporting over 40 FPS even though my refresh rate is at 60 and ALL settings are on full I am using FRAPS to measure FPS. V Sync is enabled but again 60Hz is my LCD's refresh rate.
And the MOST strangest thing is when I selected multiplayer (with no one to play against just myself I had never accessed the multiplayer feature as I do not connect to the net using that comp) it went quite unplayable down to about 10-18 FPS???!!! :blink:

upset.gif
It cannot be a bottleneck if it is please tell me what it is as I cant see there being any.
During play of COD2 for like 10 mins the card (X1900 XT) operates at around 73 C is this normal

Oh and I dont understand how to open induvidual opengl and direct 3D settings apparently its under advanced in display properties but it isnt.

Also could you help me with some other problems link is here: http://www.geekstogo...ms-t117566.html

Also I have never been to a LAN party or seen one for real life but here in Whitstable, Kent (UK) I cant seem to find anyone who knows of any near (within 10 miles) LAN parties and nor do I know anyone who sets up their own LAN parties (I like the look and feel of the ones where you take your rig along I think this is usualy a LAN party were a group of friends get together rather than a LAN party 'shop' were you pay and the systems are all the same and are owned by the shop). Anyone here from Whitstable or nearby? Any advice I know quite a bit about hardware but I havnt a clue about networking or anything like that so anyone who can teach me the basics of the equipment required for a LAN party and any nearby ones?

:whistling:

Edited by Mitesh, 19 June 2006 - 06:10 AM.

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
A good way not to boost your FPS is to go to max settings and vertical sync

Both force the GPU to work harder thus causing lag

Never use vertical sync

If you want to get a FPS here is what you do

Experiment with various settings, don't do over 1200x1024 rez...thats when you get major frame drops. The last setting you want to max out is Anti-Aliasing and Isotropic filtering, both of these take a serious strain on GPU.

Here:

Higher settings = More lag

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Recipe for Lan party: 3 or 4 decent PCs, some gaming friends, plenty games, router, plenty power blocks, beer or other intoxicating beverage, place with enough space. Then mix add some good tunes and let simmer for a day or two.

Hardware any old router with more than 4 ports plug it in and its ready to go, you may need to manually set the ip adresses but that is easy. It gets more complicated if you need to daisy chain routers, check out the networking guides for more info.

Actually you should have COD2 on 1600x1200 for best effect on an x1900 never go below 1280 as it causes problems on x1000s and 7 series. Vsync you use if you need it lowers fps but also stabalises it. You shouldnt need it. Make sure you have the latest drivers, if you want access to the settings use the omega drivers.

The differences in CoD are age and content.

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
yes i know higher settings = more lag but all the reviews i have seen state the powercolor X1900 XT with all settings maxed out gives average 48-55 FPS. However most of these test sytems use Athlon 64 X2 FX-60 or 62..........

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Your temps are also a little warm.

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Basically multiplayer maps run at average 19 fps with v sync off. all other settings maxed, why is this when im not even connected to anything and dont have anyone to play against so nothing apart from the usual scenery guns etc to render? Weird.. and after v sync was turned off no diffrence at all.