Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Play my games without loading the cd?

• Please log in to reply

erndawg101

erndawg101

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
A few of my games require the CD/DVD to be loaded in a drive in order to run. Is there anyway around this, and if so, how do I set it up?

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello erndawg101,

To do this would mean circumventing copyright protection which is illegal. G2G will not help you with this.

erndawg101

erndawg101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Hello erndawg101,

To do this would mean circumventing copyright protection which is illegal. G2G will not help you with this.

Why is that circumventing the copyrights? I OWN these games. Store purchased, with receipts, blah blah blah. So how does not loading the CD/DVD for a game I own violate copyright? Not trying to be rude, just trying to understand...

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Because if someone can get the CD crack, which is the CD key for that specifc game, then it is the same as pirating the game because all they would have to do is get a copy of the game and just, as they say "circumvent copyright protection". There are ways to do it but the people here won't help you on this one bud.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
hey guys...i think we may be getting a little overzealous here...

are you wanting to get a cd key for this game?

or are you simply wanting to be able to play the game (that you own and have possesion of the cd for) without having to sift through a stack of cd's to play the game?

erndawg101

erndawg101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

hey guys...i think we may be getting a little overzealous here...

are you wanting to get a cd key for this game?

or are you simply wanting to be able to play the game (that you own and have possesion of the cd for) without having to sift through a stack of cd's to play the game?

Exactly. Not interested in the CD Key at all. I just want to know if there's some way for me to play my games without having to load the cd's every time. Not interested AT ALL in cracks and CD Keys. "simply wanting to be able to play the game (that I own and have possesion of the cd for) without having to sift through a stack of cd's to play the game"

Edited by erndawg101, 19 June 2006 - 07:41 AM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Lets take a step back here and see if we can figure some things out.

erndawg101 it is not that I do not empathize with you in your plight. I also find searching for CDs when I want to play games extremely annoying and time consuming. However, what you ask for is a very grey area legally.

While you may own the games and wish to play the games you own more quickly, we have no way of determining that over the internet. We cannot also guarantee that 5 minutes from now, someone who is not playing legal games will come along and use the information you gain here for illegal gain.

Remember, google is your friend. Use the correct search terms and you will have thousands of hits for what you seek. Unfortunately we cannot link you to them here.

ScHwErV :whistling:

erndawg101

erndawg101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
How about a PM? :blink: :whistling: :help:

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
All help is given on the forum. I have given you all the information you need to accomplish the task you want.

Anyone caught giving this type of information via PM will be banned, no questions asked.

ScHwErV :whistling:

erndawg101

erndawg101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
That settles that. DON'T pm me about this. No need for banning. Thanks for your help.