Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RDPclip.exe process won't load/run

• Please log in to reply

tarakhan

tarakhan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell 2650 Server running 2003 standard server w/sp1. I cannot connect remotely using RDP.

I checked the registry to ensure that the rClipDisable was not set to 1.
I checked the registry to ensure that the rdclip was under terminal services/add-ins.
I am able to ping the server without a problem.
Then I added the rdpclip.exe to the startup folder and renamed it to notepad.exe..Notepad started at login. But the RDPClip process failed to start.
I checked the permission for rdp in terminal server connections manager. All of the required settings are checked.
I attempted to logon with the local server admin account as well as my domain admin account without success.
I am not using Terminal Server on this node but RDP. I'd rather not reinstall SP1 since this is a production node, but can do so if all other recommendations fail. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Advertisements