Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

me word 2000 frozen

• Please log in to reply

fernbit

fernbit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Wierd stuff occuring when I try to access word 2000. When I click on the word icon on my desktop the hourglass shows but it freezes the whole computer up and am unable to access word.
I hit ctrl alt delete and or enter shift to re-boot computer and sometimes i get these messages.
"The system is dangerously low in resources. Would you like to terminate the following application?
Winword [not responding] Also I have this once- AVGctrl has caused an error in kernal.32dll

It makes me think that I have a worm, virus. I have been checking with new malware to loctae a problem but have not come up with anything yet. Its like word id no longer there?

Any ideas? Appreciate the help.

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall word 2k? If an installation gets messed up, sometimes a quick reinstall clears the problem up.