Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM 600X trackpoint not working

• Please log in to reply

IBMLappy

IBMLappy

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
i dont know where to put this and this was the place i thought was most logical to put it. I have a IBM 600X ThinkPad and the trackpoint is not working. I have been using a regular mouse that i just plugged into my laptop. But i rather use the trackpoint. I have gone to IBM's website and installed drivers for the trackpoint and it still doesnt work. Ive enabled it and it has me restart my laptop and i do and a error comes up Error: 8611 and for that it has me restart the computer and the trackpoint works for that because it has me select to restart the computer again to get rid of the error. and then when windows loads up and i log in the trackpoint still doesnt work.
I need help. someone plese help me with this.

thanks
IBMLappy

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
this is apparently a rediculously common problem with the think pads....most of the suggestions i've found on google refer to making sure the trackmajig is still plugged in as the connectors seem to be crap...if you know how try and see if you can open up the laptop to get to the place where the trackpoint connects to...and make sure it's plugged in

IBMLappy

IBMLappy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Yea ive done that. It is all fine. The trackpoint does work when im in like the system bios and stuff. it just doesnt work when windows is loaded up.