Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer restarting repeatedly

• Please log in to reply

Unified

Unified

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I try to turn on my computer it constantly restarts, rebooting in safe mode doesnt work nor does last known good configuration works. When i go to the advance restart option and choose dont restart automatically on system failue I then receive a blue screens saying

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentaton or backup utilities. Check your heard drive configuration, and check for any undated drives. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8633C868, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Edited by Unified, 19 June 2006 - 08:00 PM.

Advertisements

kunwon1

kunwon1

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
What operating system?

Unified

Unified

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
windows XP SP2

kunwon1

kunwon1

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Okay. When did this problem start? Did it happen all of a sudden or has your computer deteriorated (i.e., started running slower and slower over a period of time) into this state? Have you made any hardware or software changes recently? Were there any other errors popping up before?

Unified

Unified

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It just happened all of a sudden. I was just using it normally then I shut down and when I try to turn it on this happened.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you run chkdsk as directed?

Do you have a windows xp disc?

Unified

Unified

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No i dont have the xp disc. How do I run CHKDSK?